- One Whole cow or veal tongue , Cooked and Peeled, then diced
- As many as are needed Corn tortillas, Warmed
1 Medium red onion, split in half, then thinly sliced
Mexican crema (or sour cream)
1 bunch Fresh coriander, Finely chopped
Kernels of roasted corn on the cob
Guacamole or Avocado Pear
Fresh tomato salsa
Sliced jalapeno peppers
Fresh radish, thinly sliced
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Warm the tortillas by dipping each one in cold water before placing it in a hot non-stick pan. Cook for 30 seconds then turn over and cook for another 30 seconds. Stack the tortillas on a clean kitchen or tea towel. When done, cover the tortillas by folding over the ends of the towel to ensure that the hot tortillas are completely covered. Let them steam until you need them.
2. Add some oil to a hot pan and fry the diced tongue until just crispy on the outside. Remove the tongue from the pan and place on kitchen paper to remove access oil. Serve with condiments in a warmed tortilla.
3. Assemble the tacos according to each individual eater’s preferences. First add some lettuce, then the tongue and then add the condiments as preferred.