- 125 gs Butter, melted, then cooled
- 2 large Eggs
- 150 gs Caster sugar
- 150 gs Plain flour, sifted
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- Pinch Salt
- Extra Flour, For dusting
- Extra Butter, for greasing
- Whisk eggs and sugar with electric whisk or stand mixer until pale and about three times it’s original volume.
- Slowly fold in the flour, then the butter.
- Finally fold in the vanilla and salt.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Grease the Madelein mold(s) with butter then dust with flour. Shake off all excess flour and place in the fridge until you’re ready to bake.
- Pre-heat your oven to 200℃.
- Spoon the cake mix into the mold(s).
- Fill each mold to about halfway to the top.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- When done, let the Madeleines cool in their molds before tipping them onto a cooling rack. Sprinkle with icing sauger before serving with tea.