- 200 grams Unsalted butter, room temperature and cut into pieces
- 225 grams Dark, unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups Sugar
- 4 large Eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/3 cup Flour, sifted
Goat’s cheese filling
- 225 grams Soft, fresh goat’s milk cheese (chèvre)
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1 large Egg yolk
- 1/4 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- Melt butter and chocolate in bowl set over a pot of simmering water.
- Stir until completely melted and smooth.
- Combine the sugar, eggs, vanilla and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer.
- Set the machine on low and mix until the mixture is a pale yellow (about 3 minutes).
- Add the chocolate and mix for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove the bowl from the machine and slowly add the sifted flour.
- Fold the flour into chocolate mixture with a spatula.
- Continue until the batter is smooth and all the flour is incorporated. Set aside.
The goat’s cheese filling:
- Add all the ingredients to the bowl of a stand mixer, and mix until smooth.
- Cover the bottom and sides of a 32.5 x 23-centimeter (13 x 9 inches) baking pan with baking paper.
- Spoon half the brownie mixture into the pan and spread it to ensure an even thickness.
- Spoon the goat’s cheese filling onto the brownie mix and level to an even thickness.
- Spoon the remaining brownie mixture over the goat’s cheese filling. Level again.
- Bake in an oven pre-heated to 175℃ for 35 minutes.
- The brownies are done when the sides start to pull away from the pan and the centre is set.
- Test by sticking a thin sharp object (like a toothpick) into the cake. It should come out clean. Let the brownies cool before slicing.