- 1 kilogram Warthog spareribs
- 1 tablespoon Soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon Dried Chilli Flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Brown Sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Salt
- Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
- Brush the ribs with the marinate and transfer the marinated ribs into a ziplock bag.
- Remove most of the air from the bag, seal and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- If you have a vacuum machine, vacuum the ribs and leave to marinate for four to five hours in the refrigerator.
- When ready to cook, preheat your oven to 140℃.
- Remove the ribs from their plastic covers. Wrap the ribs in baking paper, making sure to seal the edges to form an airtight cover.
- Cover the paper parcels in aluminum foil and seal the edges tight.
- When the oven is to temperature, place the parcels on a baking sheet and into the pre-heated oven. Cook for 3 hours.
- After three hours remove the ribs from the foil and paper.
- Let them rest for 15 minutes.
- Baste the ribs with ginger ketchup – See RECIPE
- Transfer to a baking sheet and switch the oven to grill.
- Place the baking sheet with ribs in the middle of your oven and grill for 10to 15 minutes until the ketchup is caramelized.
- Cut the ribs into smaller sections and serve.