- 15 tablespoons Red wine vinegar
- 13 tablespoons Soy sauce
- 15 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- 200 grams Picked ginger (sushi ginger), juice included
- 300 grams Tomato ketchup
- Place the red wine vinegar, soy sauce and balsamic vinegar in a small pot and bring to a simmer over medium low heat.
- Simmer until the mixture has reduced by two-thirds.
- This should take about 15 to 20 minutes. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Add the tomato ketchup and pickled ginger (with sauce) to a blender and add the reduced, cooled vinegar mixture.
- Blend on low speed for a few seconds then increase the speed until the mixture is completely smooth.
- Strain through a fine sieve into a sealable container and keep in the refrigerator.
- Could also be used as a barbecue sauce.