- 250 grams Redcurrants
- 140 grams Muscavado sugar
- 200 milliliters White balsamic vinegar
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Fresh ginger, Finely chopped
- 1 Red chili, Deseeded and finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Red Onion, Finely sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon Pectin
- 3 tablespoons Fresh coriander, Finely chopped
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onions, chili and ginger to the pan and fry till the onions are soft and translucent.
- Add the garlic and fry until the garlic starts to change color.
- Mix the pectin into the sugar and add the sugar and vinegar to the pan.
- Stir to mix well. Bring the mixture to a simmer and add about two-thirds of the red currants.
- Keep stirring until the mixture thickens.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Continue to simmer until the sharp vinegar taste is cooked out. Add the remaining red currants and fresh coriander.
- Simmer for another 3 or so minutes stirring.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Pour into glass air-tight containers and refrigerate until needed.