- 4 Lamb kidneys
- 200 grams Omajova
- 2 tablespoons Plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard powder
- 80 milliliters Cream
- 1 Spring Onion, White part only – chopped
- 1 clove Garlic, Finely chopped
- 60 grams Butter
- 2 tablespoons Parsely
- 100 milliliters Milk
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
1. Clean the kidneys by cutting them in half and removing the outer membrane. Cut out the white core using kitchen scissors. Add the kidneys to bowl with the milk and set aside for 20 to 30 minutes. Then remove the kidneys and pat dry.
2. Mix the flour, cayenne pepper, mustard powder, salt and pepper in a bowl. Add the kidneys to the bowl and cover with flour mix. Heat the butter over medium heat until foaming. Add the kidneys and cook for 1 1/2 minutes on each side. They should still be pink in the middle. When cooked, remove the kidneys and keep warm.
3. Heat more butter in a second pan, and add the chopped Omajova. Cook until golden. Add the kidneys, cream and parsley. Cook until the sauce thickens. Check for seasoning and adjust if needed. Add more chopped parsley and serve on toast.