700 grams Fresh salmon, skin on
2 cups Olive oil
8 Small, young potatoes
12 Fresh asparagus
1/2 teaspoon Butter
3 tablespoons Sour cream
2 tablespoons Fresh chives, chopped
1. Skin the salmon and remove all bones. Keep the skin. Cut the fish into four equal portions and season with salt and pepper. Scrape all remaining fat and meat from the skin. Place the skin on a non-stick oven tray and spread out, inside down, until it is flat and without folds. Put the skins in an oven preheated to 180℃ and cook until crispy.
2. Finely chop the chives and mix with the sour cream. Season with salt and pepper. Boil the young potatoes, skin on, in salted water until just done and soft. It should not fall apart. Let it cool, then flatten the potatoes with the palm of your hand on a flat surface. Try not to break them apart completely. Add the asparagus to a steamer over boiling water, and steam for a few minutes until tender yet firm. Transfer to a bowl with ice water to stop the cooking.
3. Add the olive oil to a small pot. It should be deep enough to cover the fish completely. If this is not enough oil, add more. Bring over medium heat to 70℃ and then turn down the heat to keep the temperature constant at 70℃. There should not be any bubbles rising to the surface. Once the temperature is constant, add the fish. Make sure it is covered. Turn the heat up slightly to bring the oil back to 70℃, and allow the fish to cook in this gentle manner for 10 to 5 minutes. Remove from oil and drain on kitchen paper.
4. Add a little olive oil to a pan and add the potatoes. Fry them until they are brown and crispy on the outside. Add the butter to a second pan and add the cooked asparagus. Just warm them through and make sure they are covered with the melted butter. Season with a little salt.
5. To plate your dish, add the fish and garnish with some of the crispy skin, cut into more or less the same size shape as the portion of fish. Add a smashed potato and add a dollop of the sour cream and chives. Place another potato on top, followed by another dollop of sour cream and chives. Add the asparagus.