1 Whole chicken, Cut into pieces
1 Round loaf of crusty bread
2 cups Chicken stock
1/4 cup Olive oil
1/4 cup Almonds, toasted
1/4 cup Pistachio nuts
2 tablespoons Capers
2 tablespoons Fresh parsley
2 Eggs, slightly beaten
250 grams Artichoke harts, Cooked and chopped
1. Brown the chicken pieces in the olive oil. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Add one cup of the chicken stock and simmer until the chicken is done but still tender. Add more broth if need. When the chicken is cooked, strain the broth and set aside. Let the chicken cool.
2. When cool remove the flesh from the skin and bones. Discard the bones and skin. Chop the chicken flesh coarsely. Cut the top 1/3 of the bread as if to make a lid. Hollow out the bread to form a cooking vessel. Take care not the puncture the crust. Put the insides of the bread onto a baking pan and dry them out in a low oven.
3. When the breadcrumbs are dry, add them to the reserved chicken broth. Press this bread mixture through a fine sieve. Once done, discard the chunky bits that remained in the sieve.
4. Put the nuts, parsley and capers to a blender or pestle and mortar and grind to a fine paste. Add the bread mixture to the nut mixture together with the lemon juice and the slightly beaten eggs. Stir through.
5. Chop the artichokes roughly and add them to the chicken pieces. Add the bread and nut mixture to the chicken and artichoke mix and stir through. Scoop the final mixture containing all the ingredients into the hollowed out bread and cover with the previously cut-off lid. Place in an oven preheated to 230℃ and cook for 30 minutes. Serve hot or cold.