1 Cucumber, Deseeded
2 Spring Onion
50 grams Cashew Nuts, Unsalted and roasted
10 Cherry Tomatoes, cut in half
2 teaspoons Palm sugar
2 Whole cloves garic
60 grams Snake beans or green beans
1 Chili, dried
2 tablespoons Fish sauce
1 teaspoon Sesame oil
- Cut the tomatoes in half. Deseed the cucumber and cut into thin strips about the length of a finger. Chop the spring onions roughly into 2 cm pieces. Cut the beans into 5 cm pieces.
- Add the chili, the cashew nuts, the palm sugar and the whole garlic cloves into a pestle and mortar. Smash into a fine paste.
- Add about half the fish sauce and the juice of one lime and mix through.
- Add the beans and start bruising the beans into the paste. The beans should just be bruised and not pulped, so work gently.
- Add the spring onions and continue bruising the salad ingredients. Put the cucumber and tomatoes into a bowl and add the rest of the fish sauce and the juice of the remaining lime.
- Add the contents of the mortar to the tomato and cucumbers and mix thoroughly. Taste for balance between the sour, sweet and salty and add more of the palm sugar, fish sauce or lime juice if needed.
- Serve at room temperature with poached chicken, grilled dick or barbecued fish and prawns.