- 800 grams Fresh prawns, Deveined and shelled
- 400 milliliters Coconut milk
- 1/4 cup Thai yellow curry paste
- 1 1/2 cups Water
- 1 tablespoon Fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons Palm sugar
- 2 teaspoons Tamarind pulp
- 1 Red Chili, Finely sliced into long strips
- Heat 1 cup of coconut milk in a wok over medium heat. Cook for about 5 minutes. Stir frequently until it thickens and the oil begins to separate from the milk. Stir in the curry paste and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add the water, palm sugar and fish sauce and cook for another 3 to 4 minutes, stirring throughout.
- Add the shrimp, stir and cook until the shrimp is just opaque.
- Add the remaining coconut milk and tamarind paste and allow to simmer for 2 minutes until the shrimp is just cooked.
- Taste and adjust seasoning by adding more fish sauce, or sugar if required.
- Garnish with sliced red chili and serve with steamed rice.