- 2 cups Self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Egg
- 2 cups Milk
- Parsely, Finely chopped
- Cheese, Very thinly sliced
1. Mix the flour and salt in a large bowl. Make a well in the middle and add half the milk. Stir whilst adding the rest of the milk until a smooth batter has formed. Set aside to let the batter rest for about one hour.
2. Add some butter to a large pan over medium heat. Using a ladle add just enough batter to cover the bottom of the pan completely. Cook until to top is set and the bottom golden. Flip the pancake and cook until golden. Lift out and set aside. Keep warm. Cook the remaining pancakes in the same manner.
3. Fry the bacon in a second pan until well cooked.
4. To assemble: lay one pancake in a plate. Cover with bacon strips. Sprinkle with parsley. Cover with a second pancake. Add a few slices of cheese and put under a hot grill until the cheese starts to melt. Serve with golden or maple syrup.