Next time you have a few friends over for dinner, try this dish. It does not require a lot of effort, so you get to spend more time with your friends.
- 1 Leg of Lamb, Deboned and butterflied
- 4 Twigs Fresh rosemary
- 3 Cloves Garlic, Cut into thin slithers
- 5 Anchovies, Cut into large chunks
- Black pepper
- 2 Lemons
- 1 ½ cup Olive oil
1. Make several holes in the meat using a sharp knife. Mix 1/2 cup olive oil and juice of one lemon. Stuff the rosemary into the holes in the meat and add the olive oil and lemon juice mix. Marinade overnight in the refrigerator.
2. Take the meat from the refrigerator about 1 hour before it has to be cooked and let it come to room temperature. Stuff the garlic slithers and anchovy chunks in the holes with the rosemary.
3. Put the meat in a roasting pan or oven proof dish and in an oven preheated to 230℃. Brown the meat for 20 minutes. Turn once after 10 minutes.
4. Remove the meat after minutes and baste with the pan juices. Cover with tin foil. Lower the oven to 150℃ and roast for 11/2 to 2 hours.
5. To make the salsa, add the remaining cup of olive oil and the rind and juice of 1 lemon to a small pot. If you like, add a small twig of rosemary and a few thin slices of garlic. Gently heat the oil to a simmer to infuse flavours. Set aside and keep warm. When the meat is ready to be dished, reheat the oil to a simmer and add the feta cheese. Stir through and pour over the meat.