Okay, you need some ‘me’ time but do not want to be rude and tell everyone to sod off and leave you alone. With this dish you can achieve just that. Have a good portion of the sweet garlic and watch everyone retreat. The only thing left to do, is to figure out how best to spend your ‘me’ time.
- 12 Chicken thighs, Washed and dried
- 4 Large onions, Finely sliced
- 40 Cloves of garlic, Unpeeled
- 4 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 ½ tablespoons Butter
- 2 cups White wine
- ½ cup Chicken stock
- 3 Bay leaves, Washed
- 3 Thyme, Whole sprigs
- 6 Parsley, Sprigs, finely chopped
1. In a heavy pot, mix the olive oil and butter and heat till it bubbles.
2. Coat the chicken pieces in flour, and brown in two batches in the olive oil/butter mixture. When completed, remove the chicken from the pot and keep on the side.
3. Add the sliced onion and unpeeled garlic to the pot and brown.
4. Return chicken pieces to the pot and add the wine, stock. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add the bay leaves and thyme.
5. Simmer over moderate heat for about 30 minutes till the chicken is tender.
6. After 30 minutes, turn the heat up and cook until the sauce is well reduced and thickened. Garnish with parsley and serve with a loaf or two of crusty bread. Make sure to squeeze some of the garlic from their skins and spread on a piece of bread.