- 5 Eggs, Separated
- 200 grams Dark chocolate
- 150 grams Unsalted Butter
- 100 grams Castor Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Cognac
- 1 tablespoon Coffee, Strong, black
- Fresh cream, whipped till stiff, with the seeds from 1 vanilla pod stirred in.
- As many strawberries as you like, cut in half and marinated in castor sugar and lime juice.
1. Grease a 20 cm cake pan with butter. Use either a silicone or springform pan which ever you prefer.
2. Beat the egg whites until they form stiff peaks. Chop or grate the chocolate, and place in saucepan with sugar and butter. Stir over low heat till the chocolate has melted. Remove from heat and stir in coffee and cognac.
3. Beat in the egg yolks, one at a time. Fold in the egg whites very gently. Pour into the greased pan and bake at 180 ℃ for about 45 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Cover with vanilla cream and strawberries marinated in castor sugar and lime juice.