1. Mix the sliced strawberries, 1/3 cup sugar and lemon juice in a mixing bowl. Cover and put in the refrigerator for about an hour to marinade.
2. Mix the milk, cream and remaining sugar and whisk for a few minutes.
3. After an hour remove the strawberries from the fridge and using a food processor or hand blender, blend into a pulp.
4. Push the strawberry pulp through a fine sieve to remove pips and fibers.
5. Add the pulp to the milk and cream mixture and whisk until well blended. Put in the refrigerator for 30 mins to cool down.
6. To make the ice cream: take two ziplock bags – one smaller than the other. Pour the ice cream mixture into the smaller bag. Force the air out and seal the bag tightly.
7. Put the bag with the mixture inside the larger bag. Add about 3 cups of ice to the larger bag and make sure it covers the smaller bag with mixture. Add about two handfuls of coarse sea salt to the large bag with ice. Squeeze all the air from the larger bag and seal.
8. Gently squeeze and roll the two bags for about 20 to 30 minutes, or until the mixture inside the small bag firmed up completely. The gloves will keep your hands warm. Please be gentle and do not pierce any of the two bags, and make sure that the inside bag with mixture does not unlock.
9.Scrape the mixture into a plastic container with a tight fitting lid. Seal the container and put in the fridge for about 30 mins to allow the ice cream to harden sufficiently. Serve with mint and more fresh strawberries.