- 1 Onion, Large, thinly sliced
- 2 Cloves of garlic, Chopped finely
- 2 Cloves, Whole
- 2 Allspice, Whole berries
- 4 tablespoons Vegetable oil
- 2 Tomatoes, Large, peeld and chopped
- 2 Chillies, Red or green, finely chopped
- 4 Potatoes, Medium sized, cut into 1 cm cubes
- 500 grams Smoked snoek, Bones removed and flaked
- Black pepper , Cracked, to taste
1. Add oil to a large saucepan, and and unions, garlic, allspice and cloves. Fry till onions and garlic are lightly brown. Be careful not to burn the garlic, it gets bitter.
2. Add chopped tomatoes and chillies, and sauté for about 10 minutes.
3. Add the potatoes and cook over low heat for about 15 minutes or until the potatoes are soft. Add the snoek and cook for a few more minutes. Make sure that the mixture does not stick to the bottom of the pan and burn. Add a little water or fish stock if needed to keep the mixture moist.