Here is the recipe to go with the Churros column. Enjoy with Mariachi music if you dare!
- 1 cup Cake Flour
- 2 Eggs
- ⅓ cup Butter, Unsalted
- 2 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla paste
- ¼ cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon, Ground
- 1 cup Water
2. Whisk the eggs and vanilla in a bowl and add to the dough mixture. Stir until well mixed. The dough should be firm and sticky.
3. Heat oil for frying in a deep frying pan. Test whether the oil is ready for frying by dropping a small piece of dough into it. If the dough causes bubbles and rise, the oil is ready.
4. Put the dough in a piping bag fitted with a large, star-shaped nozzle. Squeeze dough into the oil. Make small coils starting from the outside and moving inward. Or make straight lines about 10 centimeters long. Or any other shape of your choice.
5. Fry in batches until golden on all sides, this should take only about three minutes. Drain on kitchen paper. While still warm, coat the churros in the sugar and cinnamon mixture. Serve with a chocolate dip on the side.