Here is the recipe to go with the Silom Thai Cooking School column. The recipe for making your own Thai green curry paste will follow shortly.
- 4 chicken breasts, diced into cubes
- 2 to 3 tablespoons green Thai curry paste, depending on the amount of heat you like
- 2 cups aubergine, diced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups coconut milk
- Handful sweet Basil leaves
- 6 – 8 Makut (Thai) Lime leaves, torn in half
- 5 tablespoons fresh ginger, finely shredded
- 1 tablespoon Palm sugar, If needed ordinary white sugar will do
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
1. Heat the oil in a wok over low heat.
2. When the oil is hot, add the curry paste and stir fry until the mixture becomes fragrant.
3. Add the chicken and fry until the chicken changes color. Add all the remaining ingredients, except the basil, and continue cooking until the chicken is done. By now, the sauce would have thickened and the coconut milk might have split.
4. Remove from heat. Add the sweet basil and stir through. Serve hot with Jasmine rice.